|Year of establishment||1976|
|Address||16800 Shoemaker Ave, Cerritos, CA 90703|
Whitney High School
Gretchen A. Whitney High School, also called Whitney High School or WHS, is a public high school located in Cerritos, California. It is part of the ABC Unified School District and it is was ranked 1st in the state of California and 14th nationally in the 2018 U.S. News & World Report.
Whitney's curriculum, as of September 2019 includes 15 Advanced Placement courses and 35 Honors courses, though students who attend Whitney High School are automatically placed in honors courses, except for math and physical education courses.
Whitney High School functions with the following expected learning results.
Complex Thinkers who:
- will be prepared to enter a four year college or university
- demonstrate abstract conceptual thinking
- demonstrate skills and concepts in a variety of problem solving situations
- develop an understanding of the symbolic language of mathetmatics and the sciences
- remain current with developments in technology
- make a positive contribution with others
- function together in a multi-cultural society
- appreciate contributions of others
- respect diversity
- acquire an appreciation of the arts
- demonstrate self-directed study habits
- contribute to a safe and positive environment
- utilize research skills
- demonstrate appropriate interpersonal skills
- develop self-confidence, personal strengths and integrity
- convey ideas through coherent and focused essays
- read and understand grade-level appropriate material
- develop effective presentation and communication skills
The Whitney High School is a Public university located in Cerritos.
The Whitney High School was founded in 1976.
The current president of Whitney High School is John Briquelet.
Locations of Whitney High School
You may be interested in: