|Year of establishment||2010|
|Address||11155 N. Oracle Rd. · Oro Valley, AZ 85737|
|Phone||(520) 308 5220|
BASIS Oro Valley
BASIS Oro Valley is part of the BASIS Charter Schools network, a global network of schools that use the BASIS Curriculum owned by BASIS Curriculum Schools, Inc. BASIS Curriculum Schools are managed by BASIS Educational Group, LLC, a for-profit charter management organization that is based in Scottsdale Arizona.
BASIS Charter Schools seek to prepare students, in the elementary through high school level, to be competitive globally. This is done through extended homework hours, lecture driven classes, an emphasis on success in standardized tests, like Advanced Placement tests, and an opportunity to graduate early or complete a senior project.
Basis schools have regularly topped U.S. national school rankings, earning the top five spots and more among the U.S. News & World Report Best High Schools 2017 rankings. Basis schools have also earned the number one spot on the list of America's Most Challenging High Schools published by The Washington Post.
BASIS Oro Valley opened in 2010. It is proud to serve the Oro Valley community and it takes pride in the fact that it is concistently ranked as one of the top 10 high schools in the country. It currently serves grades 6-12. BASIS Oro Valley Primary serves grades K-5.
BASIS Oro Valley's graduating classes continue the tradition of a 100% college and university acceptance rate to four-year institutions.
BASIS Oro Valley provides its high school students with a fantastic place to learn and grow.
The school presents the following highlights:
- Oro Valley has been fortunate enough to have a number of our National Merit Semifinalists move on to become Finalists.
- One of the high school's recent graduates was awarded the prestigious Founders’ Prize for excellence in collaboration between student and adviser. Her BASIS Diploma was featured at the Senior Project Exposition and focused on the butterfly effect and how it applied to the presidential election.
- Another graduate was awarded top honors at the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair for his Senior Project, “Curing Parkinson’s Disease Using the Body’s Own Cellular Defenses” and was one of seven students selected for the grand prize from a pool of over seven million students and as a result had the opportunity to attend the Nobel Prize Awards in Sweden.
- The school hosts an annual “Project Graduation” as a result of a Senior Project. This event is a huge success, providing a safe, fun place for seniors to celebrate on graduation night.
- BASIS Oro Valley athletes have historically been awarded scholarships to division one and two colleges.
- The school has been officially designated as a No Place for Hate school by the Arizona Anti-Defamation League. This was due to the hard work of our peer diversity members.
The BASIS Oro Valley is a Public university located in Oroville.
The BASIS Oro Valley was founded in 2010.
The current president of BASIS Oro Valley is .
Locations of BASIS Oro Valley
You may be interested in: