Top 5 Majors for Indecisive Students
Thursday, May 13, 2021
Picking a major is not easy. For those students who are undecided about what major to pursue in college, here are the best majors.
- Biology: Students who pursue a biology major are exposed to topics related to plants, animals, humans, the ecosystem, among others. There are so many areas within biology that, if you are interested in science, this is a perfect major for you. You’ll have the opportunity to obtain general knowledge about this field and, then, go on to pursue a more specific degree, such as medicine, agricultural sciences, applied science, etc.
- Business Administration: Students who pursue a major in business or business administration acquire a wide variety of skills and knowledge that are both transferable and can be applied to many different areas within business, such as marketing, finance, accounting, law, management, etc.
- Chemistry or Biochemistry: Just like what happens in biology majors, Chemistry or Biochemistry majors are perfect for those interested in science but are not sure about what area they would like to pursue. These majors are a gateway to a wide variety of options, for example, chemical or environmental engineering, biotechnology, pharmaceutics, among others.
- Computer or Information Science: These general programs open doors to a variety of careers in different fields related to computer science, such as information technology and security, gaming technology, statistical analysis, software engineering and development, etc. All of these degrees lead to high salaries and successful careers, which is a very important aspect when deciding what to study.
- Economics: If you are even slightly interested in government, politics, law, finance, international relations or education, Economics is a great start. This major opens students doors to pursue degrees in any of the previously mentioned areas, but you don’t have to decide it yet, since a major in Economics will introduce you to all these and you’ll get to decide in the future.